It can be helpful to start a discussion in family search, asking for help in researching information on an individual. Others may be watching that individual too, and may be able to help.
To start a discussion in Family Search,
- log into familysearch.org website (note: at the time of writing, this feature is NOT available in the Family Tree mobile app; it’s only on the website… which you can still use from your phone, just use your web browser and go to “familysearch.org”)
- find the individual you want to research, and look at the “Person” details view
- Open the “discussions” tab
- click “add a new discussion”
- Add the discussion topic title and body and click save.
It may take a few weeks or even months for anyone to take notice and reply. So the best time to start the discussion was last month, and the second best time is now.
- Free, LDS oriented, Meta Tip, Online, Under 5 minutes
- Use This Strategy When Searching for
- Birth Details, Death Details, Marriage Details, Photos, Stories/Memories
- ...and the individual being researched matched the following...
- Marriage Year
- Marriage Place
- Childrens' Birthyears
- Childrens' Birthplaces
- Death Year
- Death Place